Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sleep Restriction Therapy: Day 3

Did you know that you can nap while grocery shopping?

My life is pretty much in 5FPS right now, lying down in bed feels like falling into a bucket of baby ducks and waking up in the morning feels more like sleep walking/showering which if I'm not extremely careful could feel more like drowning to death. I have been this tired before, in fact it was during my Cologne business trip, but it was just as unsettling then as it is now. Something about only being able to blink one eye at a time has a lot to do with it.
My short term memory is horrendous, it was bad to begin with but this morning I actually forgot to put on underwear and had to turn right around and fix that before I left the house for work. I also forgot our lunch that I bring to work every day, and left tea steeping for 4 hours.

The therapy is definitely working, I fully embrace the feeling of nodding off and fighting to stay awake, rather than being tired but fighting to go to sleep, and it is taking everything I have not to close my eyes and pass out right this second, but I know holding out will pay off and I  might end up being able to sleep like a regular human being after this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment