Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Honey Challenge and Ultra Sensitive Skin Part 3 + Cinnamon

The Honey Challenge:
DIY skincare for ultra-sensitive and dry skin Part 2
Plus, the benefits of cinnamon
Feburary 4th, 2013

I am 9 days into my two-week honey challenge, and one thing that I noticed about using honey for skincare is that it has to be fairly close together to see any kind of consistent results, but the upside to that is that even after one use, I saw very noticeable changes in my skin.

I went about 5 days without using it, whereas the other times I used it there were only 2 days in between use, and after the four days of not using it I noticed my skin reverting back to it's normal, dry self. Also my lips were becoming more irritated and itchy and I got a very irritating blackhead on my chin. Damn my commitment issues.

Here are the results so far, having used it a total of 3 times in 9 days:


Before

1 use, right after bath


                                                   
                                                                 2 days later, before treatment


Right after 2nd use


                                                                    5 days go by, this photo after 3rd use

Notice there is a little set back in the clarity of my skin, but the before and after treatment for me was drastic.  I will include the rest of my progress pictures for the next 5 days all in one post at the end of it, because I don't know how much longer I can look at pictures of myself up close in a towel-turban.


Moving along.

Another use for honey I heard was for internal health purposes, and something really common I found was the benefits of mixing honey and cinnamon. There are thousands of pages online that say the exact same things about the benefits of ingesting a mixture of cinnamon and raw honey (again with the Raw Honey) so here is one from the first page of google that isn't cluttered with ads, and actually quotes a reliable source for its information.
http://www.biospiritual-energy-healing.com/the-healing-effects-of-cinnamon-and-raw-honey.html

Its kind of astounding how many different things are listed that can be 'cured' with this mixture, or just cinnamon alone, I actually find it a little hard to believe, and even though I might not be able to test how accurately it effects my blood pressure, I can at least give an overall health projection after a few weeks of using it. Here are some things that Cinnamon is supposed to help:

HEART DISEASES

ARTHRITIS

BLADDER INFECTION
CHOLESTEROL

COLDS

UPSET STOMACH

GAS

IMMUNE SYSTEM

INDIGESTION

INFLUENZA

LONGEVITY

PIMPLES

SKIN INFECTIONS

WEIGHT LOSS

CANCER

FATIGUE

BAD BREATH

HEARING LOSS
TL;DR: Cinnamon has been used to cure hundreds of health ailments since ancient Egypt, so has honey. Mixing the two together is like drinking unicorn's blood.

So I've added a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of cinnamon to my morning protein shake, and will continue to do so until I've used my entire jar of cinnamon (I think it's about 75 grams) and report back.  I always used to sort of scrunch my nose at alternative medicine, I mean that's why it's called alternative medicine, if it wasn't it would just be called medicine. But I'm finding that a lot of regular every-day things you can find on the ground or on a tree have been proving to be very beneficial to my health, so we'll just see Cinnamon, how amazing you really are. One  thing I can say right off the bat though, is that it makes my shake taste like Christmas.




1 comment:

  1. THE INGREDIENTS OF THIS PRODUCT ARE 100% SAFE AND NATURAL. YOU HAVE HEARD OF MANY OTHER SKIN WHITENING CAPSULES BUT WHAT MAKES NATURAL GLOW BEST SKIN WHITENING SUPPLEMENTS A BETTER CHOICE IS ITS “NATURAL INGREDIENT”. CONSUMPTION OF NATURAL PRODUCTS NEVER LEAVES ANY SIDE EFFECT ON YOUR BODY AND SKIN, EVEN IF YOU STOP USING THEM. AS FAR AS OTHER CAPSULES ARE CONCERNED, THEY MADE OF CHEMICAL INGREDIENTS AND FORMULA WHICH DEFINITELY CAUSE SOME HARMFUL EFFECTS.

    ReplyDelete