Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Honey Challenge: DIY Skincare for Ultra-Sensitive Skin - The Conclusion

Since my weekend was packed with activities involving lots of adorable stray animals, I'm a little late on reporting the honey-mask conclusion.

When I test this type of stuff out I like to test it in a way that the majority of people would follow the directions, which is not doing it every day, and not going out of the way to gather ingredients or to actually do it. The cool thing about the honey mask is that even though I did it inconsistently like the lazy brat that I am, it still gave me results, and I'm not actually sure using it every single day would give much better results then using it once every few days. Here is my summary:

1. If you have sensitive  angry skin that is prone to impurities such as Acne or Eczema that cause you to stay away from drugstore masks, this is a great alternative.
2. It will give you immediate results, and the longer you leave it on your skin the better, 15 minutes at least.
3. For the love of god do not get it in your eyes.

Here is the before, about 3 weeks ago, and the after, 2 days ago



The lighting is a bit more on my side in the right photo I'll admit, but the biggest improvement was around my mouth and on the dark circles under my eyes, oh, and my skin was hella soft.



2 comments:

  1. Cool! I've read that honey serves as a moisture barrier and it has antibacterial components that help fight skin impurities. Maybe that is why, after using it, your face looks flawless and feels soft. Hmm..I might just give it a try! Do you have any other skin care habit you'd like to share? :)
    ->Gaye Cisneros ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coconut oil is probably the best one I can recommend, out of a list of skin-care faves scattered around my blog posts. I literally put it in everything. Moisturizer, light sunblock, scalp treatment, it's like the holy grail of skin products. And yes, honey does have antibacterial components, the more raw the honey the better. :)

      Delete